(2 Corinthians 4:16) “For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.”
As you personally review your daily walk with God, use the check list below to help you stay on track. Occasionally evaluate your practice of each of the items and think of ways you can improve. Be aware of the fact that you will fall behind… Don’t let the devil discourage you or defeat you. Get up and try again and again and again. (Proverbs 24:16) “For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.” Your daily time with God will be a great source of renewal.
1. Daily Cross To Bear (Luke 9:23) “And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.”
2. Daily Reading Of The Word (Nehemiah 8:18) “Also day by day, from the first day unto the last day, he read in the book of the law of God. And they kept the feast seven days; and on the eighth day was a solemn assembly, according unto the manner.”
3. Daily Prayer To The Lord – (Psalms 86:3) “Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.”
4. Daily Praising Of The Lord (Psalms 72:15) “And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.”
5. Daily Exhortation Of One Another (Hebrews 3:13) “But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.”
When I teach, preach or write, I always try to put a handle on the thoughts so that folks can take something with them. I challenge you to meditate on each point above and make your personal applications as to how you can be more consistent. May the dear Lord Jesus Christ bless you in your daily exercise. May there be a measurable growth in your availability to God and your soul winning outreach for God.